The University Hospital of Cologne ranks among the leading university hospitals in Germany. Our 7,400 employees, working in more than 59 highly efficient clinics, polyclinics and institutes offer optimum inpatient and outpatient care as well as professional vocational training and continuing education programmes. With some 1,300 beds, we are one of the largest hospitals in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Our international reputation is based on our outstanding record as a provider of top-flight medical care and as a leading academic institution in the fields of medical research and teaching.
The Cochrane Haematological Malignancies Group (CHMG) Editorial Base located at the Department of Internal Medicine I at the Uniklinik Köln is seeking applications for a full-time
to be employed under a limited-time (1 year).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and publication of systematic reviews in the field of haemato-oncology
- You will be part of the Editorial team, responsible for assisting review authors through the process of preparing and updating reviews for publication in The Cochrane Library
- Contribution to the CHMG scientific projects
- Project management
- The candidate must hold a university diploma or equivalent in medicines or health sciences
- An interest in oncology/haematology and evidence-based medicine knowledge are expected
- Experienced in systematic literature searching in medical databases
- Fluency in English
- We are seeking a highly motivated, independent thinking, team-working candidate
Your salary will be based on TV-L 13. In principle, obtaining a doctorate degree is possible.
The Board of Directors of the University Hospital of Cologne places strong emphasis on gender equality and seeks to increase the proportional representation of women in this field. Thus applications from female scientists will be welcomed; suitably qualified women will be given preferential consideration unless other candidates clearly demonstrate superior qualifications. We also welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will also be given preferential consideration over other applicants with comparable qualifications. The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please address telephone enquiries to Dr. Nicole Skoetz at (+49) 221 478 96647 or by mail to email@example.com. Further information is available on the internet at www.chmg.de.
Have we awakened your interest? Then please forward your complete application until January 12.01.2011 by e-mail (in a single pdf document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to:
Professor Andreas Engert
Department I of Internal Medicine
Kerpener Str. 62