Welcome to Cochrane Heamatology
We are part of the Cochrane cancer network (https://www.cochrane.org/about-us/our-global-community/review-group-networks)
Our work involves preparing, maintaining and promoting systematic reviews on:
· the diagnosis and treatment of adults with malignant haematological disorders
· the treatment and management of people with acquired haematological disorders
· blood and stem cell donation
· use of stem cell therapies and haematopoietic growth factors
· blood transfusion and its alternatives
We are one of the 53 Cochrane Review Groups (https://www.cochrane.org/about-us/our-global-community) which are part of Cochrane, an international not-for-profit and independent organisation, dedicated to making up-to-date, accurate information about the effects of healthcare readily available worldwide.
Cochrane produces and disseminates systematic reviews of healthcare interventions, and promotes the search for evidence in the form of clinical trials and other studies of interventions.
The Cochrane Haematology editorial base is located at the University Hospital of Cologne, Department of Internal Medicine (Haematology and Oncology) and the University of Oxford, Radcliffe Department of Medicine. Our international members include researchers, health care professionals and people using health services. Our editors are based in Australia, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Israel, Switzerland, UK and USA, our review authors and consumer referees are based all over the world.
Our work focuses on three main areas.
· Production, publication, dissemination and maintenance of our systematic reviews. These reviews are published when ready in the Cochrane Library.
· Development and maintenance of a specialised register of randomised controlled trials relevant to the scope of our group’s work.
· Transfer of generated evidence to clinicians, consumers, policy makers and researchers.